Hi! Welcome to Katie gets Creative, a lifestyle blog.
Thank you for visiting; I’m glad you’re here!
I’m Katie. Mama, Wife, Baker, Cookie Maker, reader, knitter, and all around creative. This blog is my space to share little bits of fun and joy with you-recipes, encouragement, ideas.
If you’d like to know a bit about the girl behind the blog, here’s some random thoughts for you…
- I’ve never met a pizza that I didn’t like, but if it comes with sausage I will pick those off before eating.
- I love lists. I have them on my phone, in a notebook, on the fridge. I will add things to a list just to check them off. Yes, I’m that person.
- I’m not a morning person at all. I don’t really “wake up” for several hours, and a few cups of coffee. My brain comes alive at night, and I have a hard time going to sleep because my creativity goes into overdrive. SO MANY IDEAS.
- My husband is the most awesome person I know; he’s my very best friend. We were BFFs long before we ever dated, and he’s still my favorite. We’ve been together for twelve years and I still have all the heart eyes for him.
- I just realized that my last three bullets and now the fourth have the word “person” in it and that bothers me, but I’m not going to rearrange them because I like the order.
- I rarely turn on music in the car; I love listening to NPR, thinking, or talking.
- And speaking of being in the car, I love road trips and riding in general, and I will almost always take a scenic route if given a choice.
- I’m from the South, and our summers are hot, humid, and long-therefore, I hate summer. I look forward to fall and winter so bad and…
- Hot drinks on cold blustery days, snuggly pajamas, popcorn and movie night, curling up with a good book and favorite blanket, all the holidays, football, and the food. Oh, the food!
- I have so many hobbies and so little time for them all. I love knitting, crocheting, yarn, sewing, fabric, embroidery, craft stores, craft books, craft blogs…you get it, right? 🙂 I am on a mission for the coziest life ever.
- Being a mom is the best and worst job I’ve ever had. I love my daughter more than anything but good lawd raising a “spirited” toddler is hard work. Tired mamas everywhere, raise your hand if you know what I’m talking about!!!
- I’m a creative. And I’m raising a wild child. Everyday is a struggle between “oh I want to make this!!!” and “can I just go back to sleep?”….(sleep never wins-my child doesn’t nap).
- Housekeeping will get pushed aside in favor of creating and sleeping. Until I lose my mind because so.much.mess. and I start cleaning like a madman.
- I take pictures like it’s my job. I’m rarely without my camera. I like to think adventures don’t have to be grand, that everyday holds some kind of adventure and it’s important to me to capture the small, everyday moments that make life special, whether it’s getting up early to catch a spiderweb on a dewy foggy morning, or the look in my daughter’s eyes as she plays with her kittens.
- Baking is my love language. Cookies are the way to my heart. Give me sprinkles or give me death. Kidding of course. But really, give me sprinkles.
- I’m super introverted & a big time homebody. I’d stay at home for days on end if I could…If I could find a way to will my groceries to magically appear so that I didn’t have to go to the supermarket, it would be ahhhmazing.
- I love deep, meaningful conversations. Small talk can take a hike.
- Big Bang Theory and Will & Grace are my all time favorite TV shows.
- Cozy rooms are my fave and I think twinkle lights make everything better.
- I hate shopping, unless it’s thrifting, junking, or a craft or home improvement store.
- I’m the “prepared mom”. I always have snacks, band aids, extra juice/water/cookies, change of clothes, pull ups, toys. I was like this before having a baby though. My purse is packed with random nonsense that I’ll likely never need, but always have just in case.
- I’m a country girl through and through. I could never live in the city. Give me all the dirt roads, open fields, roosters crowing, old barns, and wrap around porches.
M’kay so I think that about wraps it up for the “about me”. If you read this far, congrats!, and thank you for reading! 🙂
And if you’re still here, a really big thank you for visiting. I hope you stick around and enjoy the blog! If you’d like to say hi, I love comments or emails!